Friday, April 25, 2014

elsa's quilt

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

I've had this little quilt nearly finished for several weeks, but I wanted to give it as a gift before I blogged about it. I just put the label on it and gave it away this week, so now it's really done.
I love the simplicity of this quilt! The pattern is called "View" and it's from Cheryl's beautiful book A Month of Sundays. This photo inadvertently matches the name of the quilt. That was purely accidental! (I may be a little excited about that....)
I used a very pale pink Kona cotton for the background.
The patchwork is made of mostly scraps, but I cut into a little bit of my (hoarded) briar rose fabric. It matched too perfectly, I just HAD to. There are SO many happy fabrics jammed into one yummy square.
I used a lovely garden green polka dot for the backing. More polka dots for the binding--no surprise there!
I love how all the elements of the quilt work together!
I stippled it with white thread and machine bound it.
As you can tell, it's been washed & dried and it crinkled up in the best way!

It measures about 39" x 41". It is scrap project #62/101.

Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thanks for joining me for finish it up Friday!

31 comments:

Vera said...

The first pic is really great. Nice texture on the quilt!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Very sweet! I like the pale pink and the view!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

This came at the perfect time, Amanda! I need to make a quick quilt for my daughter's friend who is in the hospital and I wanted to do an I-spy kind of thing, but I don't have time to piece 500 squares to get it to her by Monday. This is perfect. Thanks!

Darcy said...

That really is the happiest combination of fabrics - love it.

Jana Machado said...

Simple yet beautiful... I wanna make one like this right now! I'm never tired to check your finished projects, always very inspiring... Have a great weekend ;-)

Katherine said...

Pretty as a picture! Such sweet patchwork and of course I'm crushing on that dotty binding and backing.

Happy Friday!

Izzy said...

Such a simple but gorgeous design. I love all the fabric pieces and the background colour you chose. Perfect baby quilt. I have to try this with my scraps! :-)

Anonymous said...

so soft and cuddly looking, and I love that you dipped into the hoarded/treasured fabrics :-) Very inspiring to this fabric hoarder!

Jade said...

This is such a perfect quilt. I cannot handle that backing - it is so gorgeous! Awesome work!

Lorna McMahon said...

All around sweetness! Love the dots and the crinkle from the quilting.

Snowcatcher said...

So awesome! What a great way to use up scraps. Love the back fabric, too!

hydeeann said...

that's some lovely crinkle! and an overall lovely quilt, too. what a great, simple finish.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

It came out just perfect. And so clean and pure, the lines are. Great fabrics and such cheerful colors too. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Nicole said...

Beautiful, Amanda Jean! I too am hoarding my Briar Rose. Lovely snippets of it in the patchwork!

Kay said...

This is just lovely, simple really can be stunning. x

Suzanne said...

Love the simplicity of this!

LisaAnn said...

Simple and so eye catching! Another beautiful quilt!

Linda said...

What a sweet, but simple idea! Very cute!

RugratRodeos said...

Its a lovely quilt- and can I just say you have nice hands as well :0) everytime my hands appear in a photo it looks like my project was thrown together by an old crone!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So Springy! I really like that backing fabric ;-)

Stacy Olson said...

Aren't baby quilts so fun? The stippling on your quilt makes for such a beautiful result. Can't beat the dots either!

Cheryl Arkison said...

It's gorgeous! I love it. So glad you were able to cut into stash even. Yes, I'm glad about that. Enjoy ALL the fabric.

margaret said...

very nice too I like the way it has only a small area of block then the rest is beautifully quilted, backing and binding works so well too

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

A stunning way to showcase the small blocked prints. I love it, Amanda.

Angela Atkins said...

Love the green polka dot backing! And love that it was another scrap project. The count down is inspiring!

Unknown said...

One word! GORGEOUS!! Love Briar Rose too :)

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

I'm really into simplicity at the moment - this is lovely :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

what a sweet quilt! There are a couple of prints in the Briar Rose line that I'm kind of hoarding too--most because the colors are so different from everything else.

ECKDesign said...

I LOVE everything about this quilt. Its simplicity is beautiful! Definitely need to try this! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the stippling on this quilt!

Sharon said...

This quilt is SEW perfect. The small blocks adds eye catching or focal point to the quilt.