Friday, November 07, 2014

baggy pouch

Welcome to finish it up Friday!
I ventured into uncharted territory this week. I managed to use new fabric (while it is still new!) and a new pattern...all in one fell swoop! It was fun to actually use the new stuff rather than to add it to a mile long "to do" list, you know? I need to do that more often!

The fabric is Fresh Cut by Basic Grey for Moda.
The pattern is Aneela's adorable baggy pouch.
This is the small pouch. It was a fun and fairly quick project. Of course making the patchwork and quilting it takes a little extra time, but it's totally worth it! I'm excited to sew up the larger size next.
I wish I would have used a longer zipper or added fabric tab ends, but now I know for next time. This project is just imperfect enough that I wouldn't give it to someone, so I guess I'm going to have to suffer and keep it for myself. Darn. :) I really love the sweetness and the colors of this fabric line.
It finishes at about 8" x 5".

I think that this is one of the best ways I've found to use a mini charm pack to date! All my kids want (at least) one of these pouches and I could use at least a dozen myself. Ha! It's a good thing I have a stock pile of mini charms and zippers on hand. I have a feeling I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend!

Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thanks, as always, for joining me for finish it up Friday!

25 comments:

Valerie said...

Absolutely darling!

Nicole said...

Very cute! I've been looking for a way to use mini charms. Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

Both the fabric and the pouch you made are adorable!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute bag

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

I like the fabrics... and the pouch is perfect enough for me. Should I send you my address? :-)

SuperMomNoCape said...

I had to smile when saw your finish for this week because I finished making a bunch of zippered bags too! I do love the fabric you used for yours.

Heather Graves said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I never buy mini charms because I just have no idea what I would do with them. This is so sweet tho.

Jana Machado said...

What an adorable pouch! I loved your choice of fabrics also the quilting. It just made me remember some time back when I couldn't stop making this kind of pouches! Thank you for sahring your finished today!

KT said...

How do you like your Hello Kitty machine? I need a new and budget friendly machine for zig zag, etc. because my main machine only does straight stitch. Does it feel like sewing with a toy?

Kris said...

The pouch is adorable. Great gift idea.

Lorna McMahon said...

This is a really cute pouch. I can see why you feel the need to keep it. Those greys and sweet fabric prints of the Fresh Cut are delightful!

Pennie said...

Pretty pouch - such fresh colours.

CapitolaQuilter said...

The Moda booth was giving away a little charm pack at Quilt Festival and I wondered what to do with it - now I know! super cute and good for you for using new when it's new - I've yet to master that concept.

ranniroo said...

Cute pouch!

I was also wondering how you like the Hello Kitty machine. My 6 year old is asking for a sewing machine for Christmas, and that's one we've considered.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Adorable! Love the shape of the bag, I recently made a zip bag from mini charms and agree it's the perfect way to use them!

Unknown said...

I love the bag but am crazy about that cute zipper

Turid said...

Lovely bag, and I have to try it. Thank you!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Sweet pouch! And that fabric sure is pretty!

Stacey @slostudio said...

Love that fabric - the colours are great!

iHanna said...

SO cute, my colors too!

Rene' said...

These are pretty fabric charms! I really like the shape of this pouch too. You really can't have too many pouches, can you?! Enjoy your sewing weekend.

margaret said...

now I will have to buy some mini charm packs i need one of these, tried a link for the first time to you

kate said...

Where are the instructions for the bag? I was thinking exactly what you said about tabs on the ends of the zips. That would be awesome. I don't know how to adjust most patterns like this one to swap out a zipper with cloth tab ends, though!

Jeneta said...

Woo hoo! I have some mini charm packs that I love (they are so cute! And I haven't had to cut all those 2.5" squares!!), but haven't really known what to do with. Lucky for me I LOVE pouches! Thanks for sharing.