Friday, June 05, 2015

bright baggy pouch

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

I was hoping to have a quilt finished today, but that certainly didn't happen! So, this morning I finished up a little baggy pouch that I had in progress. Once again, I am thankful for the accountability that this linky party brings. I certainly needed the push to finish something. Also, there is one less pile on my craft room floor. YAY!
This is a small sized baggy pouch, which is a pattern by Aneela Hooey. It's my third one from the pattern, and probably not the last! I used a mini charm pack and scraps for the patchwork.
The inside is polka dots, of course! I added tabs to the end of my zipper to make things a bit tidier. My oldest son made a smart aleck comment about me branching out by making a zipper pouch. It made me laugh. And hey, I did branch out from my streak of pin cushion finishes...but I'll get back to those shortly! :)

One other big finish for the week. School has ended and summer vacation has begun. You can probably imagine all the fun we are having around here. Ha! I'm sure we will find our groove eventually...

Now, it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thank you for joining me for finish it up Friday!

22 comments:

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

Cute little pouch. Love the polka dots inside.

Melissa Corry said...

Oh my goodness, that pouch is all kinds of adorable!!! I need to branch out to zippers, it is on my to-do list ;) And I am excited for some more pin-cushion fun :)

Bernie Kringel said...

Really cute Amanda. We have four days of school next week and then 8th grade graduation. Summer is almost here!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is such a cute baq.

Sarah Craig said...

I love your zipper pouch! I need to make some of those, to dig into my (enormous) pile of scraps!

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Aww it's gorgeous and definitely worth the push to finish! I love how every scrap finds its place in your sewing!

Tsoniki said...

I love zipper pouches!

Anonymous said...

A friend mentioned your blog and it's going in my Feedly roll! Love your zippered pouch, and especially the zipper tab detail.Is there someplace I can learn to do that?

Di~ said...

DARLING zipper pouch! You'd be proud of me...I took on the zipper phobia and have made 10! pouches this last month! :)

Amanda Jean said...

mothtalk,

I have a post that may be helpful here:

http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2014/10/sew-together-bag-with-modifications.html

AJ

Jessica said...

totally adorable. I hadn't seen Aneela's pattern before, I'll have to check it out.

Rene' said...

Yay for summer vacation!!! Your zippy pouch has fun summer colors. Love the polka dots on the inside. Happy Friday!!

Julie Bagamary said...

Cute pouch. The added tabs to the zipper is great too.

Lorna McMahon said...

Really cute pouch... I guess I should branch out one of these days too, as I have never made one... Yet! Thanks for the inspiration. And Happy Summer Vacation!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Super cute!

Angie in SoCal said...

Darling little pouch.

KaHolly said...

Sweet pouch! Love the bright colors and the polka dot lining!

liniecat said...

So delightful and useful too - must try one myself with my scraps.
Love the link up, its a great way to blog hop : )

margaret said...

cute ad so useful too, will have to have a go at a pouch as they seem to be all the rage at the moment. Enjoy school holidays, do not effect me me being so old!

ChezVies said...

Very pretty Amanda! I need to make this kind of pouches as gift this summer! I too love polkadots for pouch lining <3

gibbygoo56 said...

Adorable bag and the polka dots inside are too cute!

Suzanne said...

I like how every finish gets celebrated. I need to sink my teeth in my wips. Do you know my 36 patch from the QAL a while ago is still not done? Eeks! Happy end of school!