Friday, June 26, 2015

deluxe pin cushion

Welcome to finish it up Friday!
This morning I made a deluxe pin cushion and I LOVE it so very much! The pattern is in the book Sew Organized for the Busy Girl by Heidi Staples. I have a feeling I will make at least 20 more of these pin cushions. For real!
For this version, I dug into my most precious scraps of Flea Market Fancy and Katie Jump Rope fabric. The sweet floral that I used for the body of the pin cushion is my absolute favorite fabric at the moment...I only had a fat quarter of it, but I used it anyway. I just love it!!!
Before I stuffed the pin cushion, I showed it to my daughter and we thought it would make a good sleeping bag for a small stuffed toy. She pulled out my little My Melody doll and we tried it out. Oh, my goodness!!! We squealed at the cuteness for a good long time. My boys were a little dubious, but they were also half smiling. (I love that!)
 

 
I mean, c'mon! The cuteness! I think I might be 9 years old inside. :) Also, I think I will be sewing up another one for a sleeping bag this afternoon!

Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thanks for joining me for finish it up Friday! Have a fantastic weekend! xo

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is seriously the cutest!

Dominique said...

Adorable!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh my....that is deluxe...but stinking cute! Thanks for the Friday linky!

Svetlana said...

oh my!!!! Seriously adorable!

donna said...

Stuffed love ones need sleeping bags too!

Lorna McMahon said...

Adorable! Yes, you have to make another one to use as a mini sleeping bag. So, so cute!

Julie said...

This is adorable either way but especially the little sleeping bag. I may be nine inside as well!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so very cute!

Esch House Quilts said...

So adorable!

the momma said...

My girls and I are squealing right along with you! SO adorable!!
(Love that ribbon, too!!)
have a fabulous weekend ~ Tracy

Gina said...

THat is adorable

Live a Colorful Life said...

If I had been there I would have squealed along with you. Here's a thought--tell Abby we can have a squeal session in less than two weeks!!

Suzanne said...

This was the first post I saw in my reader today and my heart was lifted. Don't this it slipped past me that you own my melody. Xo

Heidi Staples said...

I love the idea of a doll's sleeping bag! So glad you love making these as much as I do!!

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

Love this!

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

Love this!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Love it!! Awesome pincushion...or sleeping bag.

Angela Nash said...

Sooooo cute!

Caroline said...

It is very cute indeed! I love this pin cushion so much that I've made three so far. Great gift for sewing friend.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is super cute! Definitely got to make myself one =)

Laura said...

I like it as a deluxe pincushion AND as a sleeping bag!

Quilts and Such said...

So incredibly cute! What a good momma!

Little Black Cat Quilting said...

Too cute! I love the little patchwork block, it's so colorful and fun. :)

JanineMarie said...

This is just too adorable. And I love that it has a little edge to hold clippie thingies. Have to call them that because--well, you know--they're so cute.

Dawn said...

I believe I need pink wonder clips! Cute sleeping bag! I mean pincushion!

Quilt n Queen said...

....soooo stinkin cute Amanda Jean, love your wee scrap projects!!

Kay said...

Absolutely delightful. x

la tulipe said...

so cute and a very good idea for scissors and clips!

Trisch said...

I think I need to make this as a sleeping bag along with a cute little doll for my grand daughter!!! So fun!!

Marla said...

Too cute!

sara said...

well i must be 9 also because i thought it was the cutest thing ever and i do hope you make a sleeping bag for her or i may have to.................lol. just too sweet!!!! i really like the pin cushion with that pocket. perfect! but i would love to find out about that tape measure i see sticking out of the side seam
sara

Cathy L said...

This is adorable!! Can you share where you got the ribbon on the side? It is so cute too! Thanks.

Karen said...

Wait a minute! Is that going to fit in the bowl? Maybe time to get a bigger bowl for what comes next :)

KerryQ said...

What is that polka dot floral? It's gorgeous, and probably extremely rare, and $$$. So cute. Thanks for bringing so much color into our lives!

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

I love it! You come up with the cutest little things to show us!

u keep sewing said...

That is so very cute! Would of love to see your daughters face. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

O....M.....G.....seriously adorable, Amanda Jean!

margaret said...

so cute, I might be an OAP but I still love dolls etc

stitch quilt knit said...

I love it, sooooo cute!!