Friday, May 12, 2017

nine mini nines

Welcome to finish it up Friday! Is it just me, or did Friday come around awfully quick this week? ;)
I carved out some time to finish up the (9!) mini nines pincushions that I started a few weeks ago. I really dislike production line sewing, but having this many pincushions to photograph at once makes it ALL worth it!
I hand stitched the openings closed on half of these while my younger son was getting some teeth pulled, and I finished up the other half of them when I was waiting for my older son's band concert to start. Hurray for portable sewing! :)
I love the combination of the bright solids paired with the natural Essex linen. I'm ALMOST tempted to start another quilt like this.... almost!
One of my favorite parts about making the pincushions is picking the backing. Actually, arranging them in color order has to be the most fun! Picking the backing has to be a close second. :)

There is a tutorial here, if you'd care to make your own! You can see the entire quilt I made from this block here.

Now, it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. I hope you have a GREAT weekend!

21 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

A rainbow of nines is just adorable - what a lovely way to finish the week!

Melissa Corry said...

I just love that gorgeous rainbow of pincushions!!! How fantastic they look all together :)

Nicole Kiernan said...

Before long you will change your blog's name to "Crazy Mom Pinchusions"

Nicole said...

Those are absolutely adorable. Have a great weekend.

Jayne said...

I love these and would feel the same way about taking a photo or rearranging them! Play time! Which made me think of bean bags...they would be cute as bean bags if you ever had a reason or a need to have a bowl of them around!!

Kristin said...

Those are ridiculously cute!!!

Crystal_235 said...

Love the pincushions!

Emily said...

So cute!

Turid said...

You always inspire me to make more pincushions. These are so sweet.

Nicole said...

Adorable pincushions as usual!

LynneP said...

Absolutely darling!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I don't know how you work with such tiny pieces of fabric. You have great style and skill to boot! I have lots of 1/2 inch pieces of fabrics that I would normally toss. Do you want a bag of them for your stash? Just asking before I toss them.

Anonymous said...

They are so lovely. I like them.
Ezgi

Kathy H said...

Those are just so cute. I was just talking about a bowl full of little pillows and when I saw yours, I thought "perfect!"

beth s said...

Those pictures were definitely worth ALL the work!! :)

Marla said...

Wonderful photos of your new batch of pincushions!

pajtr said...

What a visual delight!!
(That last picture is *awesome!*... Makes me want to run to my scraps!)
Pat T.

treen said...

I love the wooden bowl too - maybe I need to raid my kitchen and steal the wooden bowls for my craft room!

Di~ said...

Tons of cuteness right there!

stamperwithdayjob said...

Soooo cute. I love little to make pin cushions right after I've completed a larger project. It's a nice break to finish something right away. Thank you for the pattern.

Unknown said...

Amanda Jean, since you must be the worlds greatest expert on pin cushions, based on design and output, what do you use to fill your pin cushions? Thanks so much. I am loving your blog and your books.
Patti K.