Friday, July 07, 2017

more pincushions!

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

I'm a week into my one-a-day pincushion challenge in already! I can't believe it! Here are the finished pincushions from the past few days....
day 4-the front, which uses leftover scraps from day 1 (...because I'm crazy like that!)
I pieced and quilted the back of this one, so really, it's two in one!
day 5--an old school knit pincushion in DK weight yarn. (I'm working on a pattern for these little guys, but I'm still in the prototype stages....it takes awhile!)
 day 6--I'm calling this one "for the love of scraps". I don't think I need to say more... :)
This was a bonus pincushion for day 6...another knit pincushion, this time in worsted weight yarn. These remind me of cupcakes, and that's not a bad thing! Much like cupcakes, I don't think you can have too many of them!
day 7--This little guy is precious, isn't he? Originally I machine quilted this pincushion top, but my tension was off and it looked horrible. After I ripped out the quilting, I decided to hand quilt it. I'm so glad I did. It's much cuter this way. Hurray!

If you have any questions about pincushions, such as what I fill them with, please see this post for more details.

My pincushion basket is starting to fill up already and I'm excited to keep adding to it!

Now, it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thank you, as always, for joining me for finish it up Friday!


19 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

I love the big stitching on Day 7's pincushion!!! What an adorable way to finish that one up!!! I am just loving seeing your daily finishes on Instagram. So fun!!!

Mari said...

You're right, those knitted ones do look like cupcakes! So adorable! Have a great weekend!

Jill Fisher said...

I love the little yarn ones so much! I also have a sizeable stash of yarn.

Angie in SoCal said...

They're all so cute.

em's scrapbag said...

Love the cute little crocheted pin cushions.

Lorna McMahon said...

These are all so cute and you are doing a great job of keeping up with the challenge. I love the combination of the aqua with the orange and with the red! PS Hope you (and your sister) had a wonderful birthday this past week!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

So far Day 4 is my favorite!!

Unknown said...

Nice

annemarie said...

Great pincushions - cannot wait for the knitted pincushion pattern!

Karen said...

Cute pincushions!

KaHolly said...

Just delightful, and very inspirational!

Kay said...

How fun, I like the 'love' one the best. x

Suzanne said...

It's so amazing how your mind and creative soul pours out all these ideas. They fill my cup especially when I can't be at my machine to sew.

Miaismine said...

Oh! Those pincushions are so cute! This is one of my favorite features of your blog - the Pincushion Challenge! Looking forward to the knit pattern pincushion - I know it takes time to write, though! I'm a very beginner knitter so this would be a great project! Thank you for sharing and hosting the link up!

grammajudyb said...

I did pincushions this week too, but I cheated! One was a chicken pincushion that need to be re stuffed after I had to un stuff it to fix a tear. The other one is really utilitarian.....I took a piece of batting attached to backing fabric from a quilt back from the long armer. Added a backing and stuffed it. I think I will write a quick post and link it up.

Rene' said...

So fun to see your pincushion challenge make a another appearance!! These are all great! Can't wait to see more!

Schulz Family said...

I love the hand stitched bottom one. So gorgeous

Unknown said...

Amanda Jean,
I can hardly wait for your pattern for the knitted pincushions. I am saving my leftover sock yarn and think this will be th berfect us fior those little balls!
Kathy

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Ooh, I love your Day 4 pin cushion! (And Days 2 & 3 are also awesome!) What a fun daily challenge : )