Friday, January 19, 2018

arithmetic quilt complete

Welcome to finish it up Friday!
 
Today I'm very happy to share with you my first completed quilt of the year! I went on a little photo field trip yesterday, so I'll share those first and then I'll go over the quilt specifics at the end of the post. I don't think that I've mentioned it lately, but man, finishing feels good!

 




 
 

Patttern: Arithmetic by Jeni Baker
Fabric: Tag by Cheryl Arkison for Connecting Threads (I bought a kit, but some of the yardage is still available here.)
Backing: Scraps from the front plus Good Neighbors yardage
Binding: Timeless Treasures stripe
Quilting: FMQ Loops done on my Juki
Thread: Aurifil 2615 (50 weight)
Size: 64" x 88"
Started: November 8, 2017
Finished: January 14, 2018
Fun fact: I've learned to spell "arithmetic" because I've typed it so many times when posting about this quilt. Hurray for learning something new!

I'm so pleased with how this quilt turned! It was a fun project, fairly quick to make and beautiful results. I think I want to make another arithmetic quilt,  but next time scrappy! Shocking, isn't it???

Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thank you, as always, for joining me for finish it up Friday! I hope you have a great weekend!

20 comments:

Mari said...

Congratulations on a great finish! The quilt looks striking against the snow. I love the striped binding too! A scrappy version would be great!

Jill Fisher said...

That binding makes me want to buy a bolt of black and white stripes. It's the perfect finish for such a fun quilt!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The pops of pink are delightful, and the binding finishes it perfectly!

grammajudyb said...

I have purchased the kit from Connecting Threads. I was thinking of making it for my son. But now I think the coral is to girly! I may choose a different shade....maybe Bronco orange? Or Viking Yellow and Purple!

Tracybug Creative said...

I love how the back shot has some of the pluses faintly showing through! It’s a great finish!

Leanne Parsons said...

It's beautiful, Amanda, and the pictures are too :)

Lorna McMahon said...

Your finish is fantastic and so are the photos! Beautifully done! Enjoy your weekend Amanda Jean!

Judy in Michigan said...

Love this quilt!! I'm a retired math teacher so just in case...Arithmetic = A Rat In The Kitchen May Eat The Ice Cream. You will never forget it. The binding is wonderful too!!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a great finish--and beautiful photos!

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

I love this in black and white prints with a pop of color! And thanks for hosting finish it up!

Sarah Craig said...

That is a lovely quilt, Amanda Jean, and the snow is the perfect backdrop for your photos!

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt.

Where did you go on your photo field trip? I wouldn't mind if my work involved such excursions.

(Speaking of excursions, I thought of you when I was at the newly-opened Kwik Trip in your area today.)

Lies Koster said...

Dear Amanda, thank you for the nice +++quilt. I like it very much.
Some years ago I also struggled to find a good way to place the plusses so the colours were scattered well. I used them for my cat quilt. I wonder what you think about it. http://huisvlijtigliesje.blogspot.nl/2013/02/katten-met-staarten-cats-with-tails.html

KaHolly said...

Another beauty! I enjoyed your photo shoot.

Little Penpen said...

Beautiful quilt!! Great photo's!!

Linda said...

This is lovely, like I said, I'm not usually a fan of gray, but you are slowly winning me over. Oh and I'm glad you know "some words" ;) like arithmetic.

tbear said...

love the colors in the arithmetic quilt

Sandy Panagos said...

Yes, finishing DOES feel good, even more so when it's such a beautiful quilt. Love the photos, too!

Di~ said...

You are a quilting rock star, yes you are! and it must be so very satisfying to use your own fabric on backings and in quilts! Someday your granddaughter will say, wow, my grandma is a rock star! :)
What great pictures too!

FlashinScissors said...

Great photo shoot for your wonderful quilt!
I love all the finishing touches too, and especially the row of strips on the back!
Hugs,
Barbara xx